As some of you may know, this is a popular BookTube trend. I have uploaded a video version to my YouTube channel, but I thought I would also publish a blog post about it. This tag was very fun and truly allowed me to evaluate the best and worst books I have read so far this year. Feel free to comment down below your answers to these questions! Also be sure to subscribe to my channel for notifications on future posts! Without further ado, my mid year book tag check-in:
1. Best Book I’ve Read So Far
These books were the quickest reads this year, with each book only taking me a max of two days. I will definitely be rereading these!
- A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
2. Best Sequel I’ve Read So Far
These sequels were just *CHEF’S KISS* and ACOMAF definitely salvaged the ACOTAR series for me. I wasn’t in love with the story until Rhysand entered the chat. (COS is a reread- third time through)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
3. New Release I Haven’t Read Yet
I am so excited to continue my reading of the Fae world that SJM has built and Colleen Hoover has gained a huge fan through Maybe Someday.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
4. Most Anticipated Release
I NEED THIS NOW!!! (Sequel to The Inheritance Games)
- The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. Biggest Disappointment
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue was a little overhyped by BookTok and I thought it was just a solid cookie cutter book. Crooked Kingdom fell flat compared to Six of Crows.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
6. Biggest Surprise
I just have no words for these two. Huge plot twists in the reading department and I enjoyed them 100,000,000 times more than I thought I would!
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Lost by Natasha Preston
7. Favorite New Author
Queens of world building and fantasy!!!
- Sarah J Maas
- Leigh Bardugo
8. Newest Fictional Crush
- Rowan Whitethorn
- The Darkling
9. Newest Favorite Character
What do I really need to say? Boss A$$ B!?@#
- Aelin Galathynius
10. Book That Made Me Cry
SO MUCH DEATH!!! I knew going into it that somebody had to die because there were too many characters. PTSRD (Post Traumatic Shonda Rhimes Disorder)
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
11. Book That Made Me Happy
I just love these characters so much and the storylines are magical!
- Before by Anna Todd
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
12. Most Beautiful Book I bought This Year
JUST SO PRETTY!
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo
- Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley
13. Books To Read By The End Of The Year
I have a goal to reread the Harry Potter series before I go to Universal Studios in December. Plus, I am taking notes on page to screen differences this time around. Since I am working with MuggleNet now, I needed a refresh. These other two are books that I really hope I pull from my TBR jar!!!
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
These questions were so much fun to answer and I enjoyed getting to review the best and worst books I have read in 2021 so far. Again, feel free to let me know your answers below! Also be sure to subscribe to my channel for notifications on future posts! Be sure to check out my links below to my Instagram, YouTube Channel, and MuggleNet posts page. I hope you enjoyed this week’s post and thanks for reading!